Our production is almost here and final adjustments are being made.  It’s great to see the creativity and originality of our students on show.  We ask that all students report to their teacher in the Hall supper room by 6.15 pm in preparation for the show.It would be a good idea for students to bring a water bottle as it is still very hot in the evenings.  At the end of the show parents can collect their children from classroom teachers so that we can check all students get home safely.  If your child is being picked up by someone else please let the classroom teacher know.  We will be opening the hall from 6.00pm and look forward to seeing you there!

MORGAN

On my first day starting at Turua School I wasn’t that excited because when I came for a school visit it was Boys Day Out and I thought it was only a class of girls! I was crying on my first day cause I missed my other school but I did know Amara when I started.

A year 10 (Matthew Foster )took me under his wing and he was awesome. Calum showed me around the school and I was sitting next to him but I soon found my own group of friends. There was Kimi, Ben, Jacob ,Jamie, Jessee, Rayden and Matthew. We all got along well. Turned out my first day at Turua was great and I loved being there.

Two years after that I took on the role of being School Captain and I was so happy when I got told. I’ve had a couple of slip ups but other than that, it’s been a great year! I’m very excited for high school but I will definitely miss this school and my friends. In the long run I’ve learnt a good amount from my amazing teachers Mrs MacInnes and Miss Hayley.

PRIZE GIVING

Our Prize giving is being held on Monday 16th December at 1.00pm in the School Hall.  Families are asked to provide a plate to share for afternoon tea and the school will provide tea and coffee.  Come and join us to celebrate your child’s success and the end of the school year.

PRODUCTION

Get your tickets! Selling fast. Available from the office.

There will be no door sales or refunds for unused tickets!

Performance Time

Monday: 6.30pm

Price: $6 (All preschool children are free)

Venue: Turua Hall

PTA CALENDARS

It’s that time of year again……. already!  This year you have the option of providing us with a photo that we can make a calendar with, or taking up the fabulous professional services of Mrs McInnes who can take a picture of your child/children, or of course one that has been taken during the year at school.

Calendars will be priced at $10.00 each which can be paid at the office or unto the PTA account (bank account is different from the school account). 03 0458 0166897 00.  Photos can be emailed to pta@turua.school.nz , please put ‘calendar’ in the subject line.

Please order and pay by Friday 6th December to secure your order

ROOM 2 CAMP

There are still some outstanding payments required for this camp.  The cost per child is $245.00.  Please make payment before the end of term or let Maree know you have set up an automatic payment to repay this amount.

Many thanks to those families who have already paid their camp fees.

HOT POOLS TRIP ROOM 4 AND 7

The Hot pool trip forms are dribbling in.  Please return your form and payment as soon as possible so transport and supervision groups can be arranged.

POOL KEYS

These are now available at a cost of $50.00 for the season.  The pool will open on 20th January 2020.  If you are interested in a key please see Maree at the office.

We still have outstanding keys from last year.  Can these please be returned, or can you let me know if you wish to purchase again for this year.

ACCOUNTS

Over the next couple of weeks, accounts will be sent out to all families with balances owning.  Accounts need to be paid in full before the last day of the term (18th Dec), unless a payment plan has been put in place.

Accounts can be viewed at anytime through your etap portal login.

If you are having difficulty in paying your account please speak to Maree in the office to set up a plan.

Payments by internet banking to the account number on the invoice are preferred. Use your child’s name as a reference.

To make things easier for you next year, please consider starting an automatic payment of $5.00 per week per child.  This will cover any fees and things your child may need such as stationery or uniform or small trips, which can be added to the account and paid off.

LOST PROPERTY

The lost property pile is once again reaching epic proportions, filled with unnamed clothing.  Please come and have a look for items that may belong to your child.  All unclaimed items at the end of term will be donated to St John’s.

……and just in case you wanted to know

………there are only 20 sleeps until Christmas, and  only 13 sleeps until the end of term.