KIA ORA/GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS AND FRIENDS OF THE SCHOOL
I hope that everyone is excited about being back next week. We look forward to catching up with all our students and sharing our Lockdown stories on Monday. Teachers have been planning lots of exciting activities for their students!
Yesterday an alert was sent out with the full set of Level 2 guidelines. Below is an abbreviated version with everything you need to know for Monday. Please remember that these are only temporary while we are at level2.
- Parents/Caregivers will not be allowed on site under Alert Level 2, unless for a reason set out in our “Visitors” section.
- The collection entry under level 2 is Raratuna Street. Parents may park at the front of the school but all students will exit through the Raratuna Street gate for now.
- Maintain physical distance (2m is a guide for distance particularly between adults) from other members of the public at all times. Please be respectful of this as it is the ‘most likely’ chance of Covid-19 spreading within our community.
- Please say goodbye to your children at the drop-off area when dropping students off before school.
- Please wait in your parking space for your children to come out to you after school. Staff will be monitoring the pick up areas in the afternoons.
- Students are not to be onsite before 08:15 am and must be picked up by 3.10pm unless attending AfterSchool Care.
- Anyone with respiratory symptoms should not enter the school premises.
- Onsite visits are restricted to urgent face-to-face matters only.
- All visitors must report to the school office and not enter any learning spaces at all.
- The marked physical safety distance must be maintained in the administration area.
- It is of utmost importance that whanau and caregivers contact the school office before 09:00 a.m. to notify the school of an absence.
- Phone: 07 8675003
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.turua.school.nz/
- Students presenting as unwell will be asked to go home (or arrange for parents and caregivers to come and pick up).
- Break times will be the same for all onsite students, but these will now be structured into smaller units of time to transition from remote learning.
- 9.00 School start
- 10.30 Morning Break
- 10.50 Class
- 12.00 Lunch
- 12.30 Class
- 1.30 Break
- 2.00 Class
- 2.55 School Finishes
- No Wheel Days during Level 2.
- Bikes may be ridden to school and stored in the bike racks during the school day.
- Water fountains will be closed so students will need to bring a full water bottle to school each day.
DIGI LEARNER AWARD
|Room 4 Ika iti||Mason|
|Attending Reading Recovery during Lockdown.|
Regular Daily Meets on Zoom
|Liam U||Keeping up and staying in contact.|
|Enthusiasm and sharing of fabulous ideas.|
|For working hard at school and trying new tasks and challenges.|
For continued engagement and task completion throughout his home learning time.
|For their perseverance and awesome work ethic. Your Kaiako are super proud of you all.|