KIA ORA/GREETINGS TO ALL PARENTS AND FRIENDS OF THE SCHOOL
I hope that everyone enjoyed their long weekend! Our junior classes are all in their new classrooms now and we are just awaiting the new furniture.
The weather is still incredibly hot and teachers allow students back into classrooms at lunchtimes to keep out of the heat along with free swims when they can. It is great to see so many students bringing water bottles and they are encouraged to keep hydrated during class time as well. (Water only thanks)
- A reminder that we use School Docs as a platform to host all of our school policies. This is a great tool for all of us as you can search for policies that are of interest. School Docs also alert us to reviews to ensure that our policies are current and reflect current happenings.
This term, one policy is up for review by our community.
Please work through the instructions below to have your thoughts recorded as part of our review cycle.
- Go to www.schooldocs.co.nz
- Click Search for your school.
- Start typing the school’s name and then select it from the dropdown list.
- Enter the community username (turua) and password (mybestalways)
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
6. Read the policy.
7 Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
8. Select the reviewer type “Parent”.
9. Enter your name (optional).
10. Submit your ratings and comments.
11. If you don’t have internet access, school office staff can provide you with printed copies of the policy and a review form.
|Thursday 25th February||Senior swimming sports will be held at Ngatea pool|
|Monday 8th March||Hauraki Plains Swimming Sports|
|Thursday 18th March||Hockey Big Day Out|
|Saturday 27th March||Pumpkin Festival|
|Friday 2nd April||School closed for Good Friday|
|Monday 5th and 6th Tuesday April||Closed for Easter Break|
|Wed-Friday 7th-9th April||Kaitaki Camp|
|Friday 16th April||Last day Term 1|
GARDEN TO TABLE
SCHOLASTIC BOOK CLUB
Catalogues were handed out last week. Can we please have orders and payments to the office by Wednesday 17th February please.
The start of the school year is a great time to set up an automatic payment with the school for any items or trips your child may have coming in the future. $5.00 per week per child soon mounts up and covers most expenses. Our bank account number is:
02-0316-0127016-00 Please use your child’s first and last name as a reference .
If you have any questions please come and speak to Maree.
EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS
Did you change address in the holidays?
Did you change your phone number?
Will we be able to contact you if your child is unwell or if there is an emergency situation?
Are there people who can or cannot pick up your child that we may not know of?
Has your child started medication?
Is there additional information that may be necessary for the school to know?
If so please contact the office. All information given is treated with the utmost confidentiality.
IMMUNIZATION PROGRAMME INFORMATION
IKA ITI WITH THE SUNFLOWERS